Monday

[food and water]

I've mentioned before that every time I visit the bay area a lot of aimless driving tends to occur until food and/or parking is procured. This time we stopped at the Shanghai Dumpling King, one of Jason's favorite spots in the city and where we ate on our first date. I always come back for their vegetarian steamed dumpling and the sugar egg puffs they make for dessert. Yum!!
Some of my other favorite spots to grab a bite are: Mocca on Maiden Lane (make sure to bring cash!), and Perry's - especially the Embarcadero location for it's patio with bay bridge views!
After lunch we drove down past Golden Gate Park and straight to the beach. It's always a surprise to come across views like these - especially on such a sunny day, because it seems so un-like the quintessentially cold city San Francisco is known to be. We lucked out with incredible weather and went for an impromptu stroll along the sand. These chunky Aldo heels always serve me well on long days such as this- they are so sturdy for walking in!
Later in the day we headed towards Coit Tower, a trip I highly recommend for anyone visiting the city, and we were rewarded with the most incredible 360 degree view of the bay! Still such a good memory. The wind picked up a bit on the hill so I'm glad I brought this old scarf to use as a wrap when it got chilly! I also my wore Hudson jeans, this Forever 21 dress/shirt thing, my favorite Urban Outfitters bag and sunnies, and a smear of MAC's Lady Danger lipstick to brighten things up a bit.

No comments: