Friday

[when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie]

I'm still getting used to the fact that Los Angeles/Orange County is huge and it takes half an hour to get anywhere at all. In Sacramento, where I grew up and have lived my entire life, it takes half an hour to be out of the city completely! So, once in a while I suggest to Jason (or whoever I'm hanging out with from the area) that we should go to xxxxx spot and they sort of laugh, give me a confused look, and kindly let me know that it takes AT LEAST 40 minutes to get there. This always happens when I talk about going to Venice Beach - one of my favorite places on the planet. Once in a while we actually do visit and always agree in the end that it was completely worth the drive.
On this particular evening, we happened upon a fantastic Italian restaurant for dinner, walked for what was probably hours but felt like minutes along the beach, and casually interrupted a couple in the midst of a passionate kiss as we walked by playing "That's Amore" with perfect timing. If you're ever looking for food and a good time in the area, C & O Trattoria is one of those places you'll never forget - especially when everyone on the patio breaks out in song and exchanges toasts.
Having just been to the flea market, I was anxious to wear my new hat and Versace necklace; I went a little print-crazy and paired them with this dreamy cardigan from Olive & Oak and one of my favorite old scarves. The dress and neon bike shorts are American Apparel - of course. The shoes I bought from Loehmann's for my trip to Greece last summer, and the bag was a gift from Jason.

No comments: