Sunday

[7 days of seasonally transitional outfits]

8be577e4ab94d5268a0f2eb99b0cfc96 

Monday:
I like how this outfit would look just as good with black tights and a huge scarf as it would pared down and minimal for summer. It's a strong way to start off the week, especially with the Zana Bayne harness which I eventually need to just buy despite my eternal 'broke college student' tendencies. See the outfit details here.
0025c9d9f2a9e68f80982d8277e4340b
Tuesday: 
I can imagine this being my early morning, throw on and go all day sort of outfit. It's pretty much comprised of basics, but the nearly flourescent color on the sweater mixed with such a major statement necklace is what make it seem like there was actually some effort put into the look - perfect for a long day of school and/or work. See it in detail here.
01973e5fb59b825ee7ab5f7e437092e9 
Wednesday:
This outfit is made up of quintessential transitional wardrobe items to me, mainly because velvet feels SO fall but the cut on the shirt makes it hot-weather-ready. I love the surrealism of the roses on the skirt and I feel like prints aren't used often enough during the fall/winter seasons so I want to focus on working them in somehow this year. Details here.
e529ed77b6a9acd03213bc7fcf0bc3e8 
Thursday:
I'm not even going to try and hide how much I want this outfit on my body right now. The casual t-shirt with a zipper in back, the shorts shaped like a skirt, the perfect amount of military inspiration jacket, the Proenza Schouler clutch reminiscent of Necco Candy Buttons; it's all just perfect. I have a particularly fun graphic design class on thursdays this semester where I would love to rock an outfit like this. See more here
6986648fe56853caa0924fe12bb272e5 
Friday:
This is something I can see wearing to school with a pair of casual, neutral kicks and a reasonably sized bag for books, but then putting some heels on with a metallic clutch for drinks afterwards with friends. It's the perfect match of ivy league prep and downtown cool without trying too hard. Outfit details here.
8aa57d995f97607ac27849fd2054c9e0
Saturday:
Weekends are for sleeping in, running errands, catching up with friends, seeing your city, and staying up late. This outfit with a pair of smoking slippers would serve as a cool look for hitting the flea market but with heels it's ready for a night in the city - which I've been doing a lot of lately. Details this way.
7dd6fb8407bbaadf5a56e2cfe82e2333
Sunday:
I am totally obsessed with overalls right now -in fact I am on a hunt to find the perfect pair at a thrift store lately; I'll let you know when I discover them. I love dressing up a typically 'grunge' item and this shirt with the embellished collar and drippy earrings would do just that. I would wear this to brunch at one of my favorite midtown spots or to wander through an art museum. See it all here.

No comments: