Thursday

falling







vintage blazer, scarf, and clutch. Zara trousers. Target tee. Steve Madden platforms.
Every winter this huge, foot and a half deep puddle makes a home for itself in a parking lot down the street from where I live. To be totally honest I hadn't remembered it at all the entire season until I saw this post from Rumi's blog which triggered memories of puddle splashing excursions from last winter. It was a little difficult trying to keep all the photos from turning out blurry because the sun was setting while we shot these and my cheap camera seems to be afraid of the dark or something. All this to say I'm sorry for all the varying angles and lighting in these photos.
About the outfit, I'm trying really hard to dress more creatively. I often feel like I'm always reaching for the same shilouettes, the same styles, the same textures, shapes, and volumes. I usually know what I like in clothing and I know what I feel good in; I never want to wear an outfit that makes me uncomfortable. But this leaves very little room for change!! So lately I'm trying to force myself to find ways to wear things that I normally wouldn't even consider -like these trousers. In the past I've entirely written off pants as uncomfortable and unflattering (on me); but then I found these. They feel like pajamas and they look so chic! Change is good...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your eye makeup always looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Great scarf!!

xoxo M.

m.j. said...

Niv, you look amazing. I love your style here -- tres sophisticated, but with your distinctive flair. And your hair/makeup is classic 80s. Hot.