Tuesday

On again Off again





I actually DIY'd these shoes before the big LV pair. You see the brown color underneath the lace? That was the color of the whole shoe, previously. My sister bought them, wore them a few times, gave them to me, I wore them a few times and then they just sat on my shelf for almost an entire year. So, I decided to have a little fun with them! I figured even if I still don't wear them after the change at least they'll look a little more interesting!
I pulled out a bottle of white acrylic paint and proceeded to cover the entire wedge with it. After that dried I painted it over with a clear sealer. The next step was to make the strap match the rest of the shoe somehow. I thought of doing some painting detail on that, I thought of making cut-outs, and I thought of just painting the whole thing. Finally I concluded to use some leftover lace from another project and glue it on, discreetly of course. All done!
They still aren't particularly my style and I'm still quite puzzled about how to make them work with my wardrobe but at least I actually like them now!
Wearing JCP dress, Express belt, DIY'd wedges

16 comments:

Dylana Suarez said...

You look beautiful in that dress!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Gant Knitwear said...

that dress is gorgeous! I'm especially loving the shoes!

Unknown said...

wow great DIY and love the dress x

Mila said...

wow beautiful dress!

Violet said...

love the dress... cool diy

i like the new profile picture

XX
Vi from Cali

LPNY by Monika Pierzynowska said...

what a cute dress!:)

Monika from J'adore Fashion

The Sydney Girl said...

wow! you diy'd those shoes? AWESOME!
looking great girl! have a lovely day! pay day for me today wooohooo x

Frock Around the Clock said...

The acrylic paint worked so well on those wedges - what a wonderful effect! Arrghh I want those Ashish wedges so much but they make me literally like 6ft3 and my ankles are pretty dodgy at the moment so I don't know whether they are up to it! Thanks for the comment about my eyes - my bf says they look like either slate or the bottom of the sea. He's so lovely. I wish I could still prance around bare legged in November - JEALOUS!! :) x

Stacy said...

love the wedges! the pattern of that dress is gorgeous

http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.com

street angel said...

Wow..love the shoes!! Great photos!

Anonymous said...

you look great as usual!! and the diy job on the shoes is gorgeous, love the lace ! stunning photos with that (maple leaf?) tree :D

Ilanka Verhoeven said...

Is that an necklace or is it a part of the dress?
Gorgeous anywayz!
Thanks for the comment dear, I'm 5'10!
X, fashion-nerdic.

Alecca Rox said...

and I like your diys so much! lace was a great choice & very well placed!

C A said...

HI DARLING, SORRY FOR THE LATE RESPONSE, YOU ROCK! DO YOU JAZZ TOO? LOL ;)

@ MAISONCHAPLIN.BLOGSPOT.COM

Gia said...

Cool dress!

Clara Campelo said...

amazing look as always.
i love your dress.

xx