Thursday

Heartbeats







There's been a construction crew working down the street the last few nights with a bunch of huge lights shining down the entire road. The lighting was so magical we had to stop to take a few pictures on the way home the other night. I think the guys working out there were slightly amused by the whole escapade.
The dress and clutch were a gift from my aunt over thanksgiving. She gave me a ton of new stuff, I can't wait to post it all! I don't have any of this color in my wardrobe so it's nice for a change. I might still have to do some tailoring on it though as the fit isn't perfect. Generally the shilouette is something I might, sadly, shy away from -the high neckline, the long hemline, the sleeves; all of that tends to look very conservative in clothing. But with the color, pockets, and (is there a name for this?) the shiny flowery design somehow it doesn't look entirely like an old lady! Although with the wrong accessories I'm certain it could.
Wearing a vintage dress and beaded clutch, Wild Diva shoes, Express necklace, and F21 cuff

20 comments:

Dylana Suarez said...

I really love this dress! The color is fantastic on you!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Delmy said...

ooooooooh Sexy!

crystal said...

Love this dress! Great color!

YAIYA said...

YAIYA @ Niviarsiaq: haha woow, thanks a lot. i was very pleased with this outfit actually :) so thank you! it's not all mine, the hair, only half is haha.

ps. love the print on your dress

Valencia Lia said...

That is indeed a gorgeous dress ! I really love love the color and the waist detailing. You look so beautiful and I can't wait to see the rest of the stuff too:)

Ohhhh do look around,maybe there are really bloggers in your area <3333

Etrapar said...

I love the color but I think that the dress could be shorter *.^
kisses

Lipstick Chick said...

You look smashing! What a figure!

www.thelipsticklist.blogspot.com

Goodle. said...

The print of the dress is really cool! It almost looks like lace from far away. I like how you paired it up with this necklace and cuff! They both add a lot of edge to the outfit!! :D

Goodle. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Goodle. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Goodle. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nubiasnonsense said...

I love your outfit, the dress is amazing and the color is fab

street angel said...

Love the dress..and the belt!

Frock Around the Clock said...

So demure! I bet those lights were like having your own little set for a photo shoot - the pictures turned out great! :) x

Anonymous said...

You look AMAZING in these shots! Not to mention that dress is absolutely killer. Got to love great vintage finds like that, right?

Shes Dressing Up said...

Love it all, such a beautiful outfit =]

Shes Dressing Up said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shanean said...

i LOOOOOOVE it! so CLASSIC!

Anonymous said...

this oozes so much sex appeal wowza.

Nik said...

You know I am LOVING that dress!!!! It looks great on you! I need something that color...kind of a rose red.