Sunday

Chocolate Passion


final preporations

my finished dessert!

dropping of the desserts before the judging

accepting my first place and best decorated awards!

I hate interviews, they make me so nervous

me and my sis, first place winners!
Meet my other, un-fashion related, hobby! My family has entered desserts into the Cali State Fair ever since the "Chocolate Passion" competition started years ago. Personally this is my ninth time entering and I've won everything from First place, to 'Best Decorated', to even losing altogether. This time, after around six months of trial and error, I turned in "A Midsummer Night's Macaroon". It was a coconut dessert with a touch of orange and almond flovoring through-out. I won First Place and best decorated!!! $275 baby!!
My sister also entered a dessert in the adults competition (mine was 'juniors') and she won first place ($500) for her coffee flavored creation. Congrats sista!
It was a busy week and an exciting day.
ps- the awards both included an apron, 10 pounds of chocolate (in the white boxes), an award ribbon, and $$$
pss- sorry about the boring outfit, choices made on less than 4 hours of sleep should not be trusted!

5 comments:

crystal said...

Ahhhh Congrats! That is so amazing! I can't believe you made that, it looks delish!

Mekinking said...

wow congrats! it looks so tasty I have to go and eat something :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! your creation looks incredible :D!! and we passed you awards too , love your blog ^^!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! your creation looks incredible :D!! and we passed you awards too , love your blog ^^!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.